I’m proud to say my blog was nominated for the Liebster Award! It’s a fun award to help with blog exposure. In the past few days, I’ve got to check out some new blogs to nominate six new people! As part of the rules, I need to answer ten questions posed to me by the person who nominated me, Alyssa Hunt.
Here are the questions:
- Why do you blog?
As I’m going through the writing, editing, and publishing process, I’m learning so much. I’m fortunate to have amazing author friends to talk to, helpful groups to pose questions, hours of researching, and things learned from my own experience. This blog is a place to share all of that, to hopefully make someone else’s experience easier.
- What do you do when you’ve hit a creative block and you need some inspiration?
I meet with other creative minds. Just being around them usually keeps me motivated.
- What is your favorite way to network with other bloggers?
Facebook groups have been a great way to connect with other bloggers.
- What famous creative, living or dead, would you most like to meet?
J.K. Rowling. I feel like there is so much I could learn from her.
- What do you love most about the place you live?
Rain is pretty much always warm here… perfect for puddle-jumping and dancing in rain drops.
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Are you doing that now?
I wanted to be a writer and teacher. I knew that by the second grade, and that’s exactly what I became.
- What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
My blog is named after me. I thought it would be simpler that way.
- Do you have a favorite app that you’d recommend to other creatives?
No, I’m not very big into apps. I’m fairly traditional in that way. I prefer a nice book or a conversation with someone, rather than an app.
- What’s the biggest thing you’d like your blog to achieve in the next 12 months?
I would love to reach 200 followers. My blog hasn’t been around for that long, so I think that would be an amazing goal.
- Name your top 3 favorite blogs to read.
The six bloggers I’m nominating are:
http://aeonigni.com/ – Aeon Igni
https://creaticabardling.wordpress.com – Robert Adkisson
http://theexpatfreelancer.com – Genesis Davies
https://www.amyoes.com/ – Amy Oestreicher
http://yogamatmonkey.com/ – Rica Lewis
The questions I’m posing them are:
- What’s your favorite book and why?
- How do you come up with your ideas?
- What’s your favorite genre and why?
- Is there something you are sick of reading about?
- What do you think makes an interesting character?
- If you could have more time or more money, which would you choose and why?
- Name your favorite guilty-pleasure snacks.
- If you could take a vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- All-time favorite shows, go!
- If you could have any super power, what would it be?